View Single Post
Old
07-05-2012, 12:58 PM
Iron Duke

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckofirish8 View Post
+1

Depending on the haul for Suter, we could have easily been in as good of position for a cup run.

Suter's play post all-star was average at best in my eyes. Maybe I'm being unfair (which is entirely possible) though.

I just don't believe as a smaller market team (and we are) that you can afford to get nothing in return for those types of players. That is where Poile failed for me, because he waited and got nothing. It doesn't matter why he waited. It matters that we have zero to show for it.
While I don't disagree, a lot of fans of this 'small market team' seem to have some pretty unrealistic expectations for the type of talent this organization should be acquiring and retaining. We can't have it both ways. We can't criticize Poile for not being able to bring in key pieces, and yet also criticize him when he doesn't prematurely ship off the quality pieces we do have because they may not stick around. We took a risk, and we got burned on it, but the willingness to take that risk, for me, and also throw $ at a player like Parise, shows an evolution in the priorities of this organization that may be for the best in the long run.

Now, watch us have to trade Weber away and be back at square one.

Iron Duke is offline   Reply With Quote