View Single Post
Old
07-05-2012, 12:02 PM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alklha View Post
At $4m it isn't like he is on a bad contract. We beat the Sharks pretty comfortably this year and shut him down, but in the 2 prior years he was 14-13-27 in 33 playoff games.

When it comes to Gormley, I'm a huge fan, but I think that the Coyotes will want a proven NHL player going back in a deal. I suspect they would probably want Perron or Berglund for Gormley+
They aren't going to get that kind of deal from anyone though. Who's going to trade a surplus established young top 6 forward for a prospect? Even a very good prospect. Gormley and Schwartz are totally comparable. Gormley was Canada's best defenseman and Schwartz was their best playmaker. They were even drafted consecutively in 2010. It's an exactly mutual appropriate risk share.

You might be right that they choose to value him that way, I just don't think they're going to get anywhere with that stance. Most teams have their own top defensive prospects in the pipeline or full bluelines right now or don't have the spare top 6 forwards to make that kind of deal. If the Blues would have to trade Perron or Berglund then Yandle is the only thing we'd accept coming back.