Official Predators Off-Season 2012 Thread - Part II
View Single Post
07-05-2012, 02:04 PM
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Decatur, AL
I'm hoping for:
1. Weber signs a 10+ year deal with a reasonable cap hit. Of course "reasonable" is a relative term. Dude's going to get paid.
2. Poile swings a trade to bring in a high-end forward that can score goals. Bobby Ryan or someone like that.
3. A veteran second-pairing defenseman is signed. Someone with a decent first pass who can play with Klein.
4. Trotz recognizes that he has a more balanced lineup with a little less D and more O, and tweaks his system to take advantage of that fact.
5. The youth on the team (I'm looking at Wilson, Smith, Ellis, Blum, Josi, Bourque and Halischuk here) continue to develop and take steps forward. Blum regains his NHL form and confidence, while Wilson and Smith develop some chemistry and move forward to the next level. Of course this is assuming that all of those players are still here after the trade for offensive help, and of course at least one or two of them will likely be gone.
If all of those things happen, this is a really good team still. One that will be battling for the division title at the end of the year, IMO.
If no offensive help is brought in, unless the young players take large steps forward you have to think this team will be fighting for a playoff spot. With the parity in the league these days I could see that team finishing anywhere in the West, from the top to the bottom, depending on the development of the youth. But probably in the 6-10 spots. Bubble playoff team.
Now if Weber won't sign and he's traded for a good package, well, all bets are off...
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by MrJoshua