View Single Post
Old
07-05-2012, 02:18 PM
Blue Goose
"Hockey Transplant"

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBlue1967 View Post
The trades you mentioned were not really earth trembling deals I'll add. Anyway, the gallery will continue to propose trades to improve the Blues roster and the Devils are not a good trading partner present day.
Earth-trembling, no. But considering the bad blood between those two teams, it was a step in the right direction. I forgot that Keenan also traded Esa Tikkanen to the Devils as well. I know Keenan takes a lot of heat from Blues fans (and rightfully so), but he does deserve some credit for helping to resolve the nastiness between NJ and STL.

And I have to respectfully disagree about NJ not being a good trading partner. Any team that is loaded on defense and is looking for Top 6 forwards (Phoenix, NJ, Buffalo) should be considered a good trading partner with the Blues. The only question is: what type of LD is Army looking for? For example, look at trading with the Coyotes:

1. If Army wants a top pair LD and wants to push Cole to #7, then we trade for Yandle. In this case, we'd have to part with some huge pieces.

2. If Army believes that Cole MIGHT be able to be paired with Petro for even-strength, and is looking for someone to compete with him for the eventual spot, then we trade for Gormley. In this case, we'd have to part with one of our better prospects.

3. If Army believes that Cole WILL be able to be paired with Petro for even-strength, and is looking for someone to fill the #7/Peoria spot, then we trade for Chris Summers (who's from Cole's hometown and played with him on the US National team). In this case, we may only have to part with a draft pick or a second-tier prospect.

Personally, I'd prefer Option #3 the best.