View Single Post
Old
07-05-2012, 02:45 PM
Alklha

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by oPlaiD View Post
If we could get Pavelski for Perron that'd be an absolute steal. You have to make that deal if it's available.

As for the D-men, there are not too many enticing options. The NJ options are not exciting at all; I'd rather go with Cole. Unless we can get someone like Bouwmeester, Enstrom, etc, Cole is a better option.

What I'd love to see is a trade of Stewart for someone about salary neutral and then the Blues to sign Semin to replace him. I know that's not going to be popular on this board due to Semin's reputation but most of that is due to stereotypes and the media and not based in fact. Semin is a good player who will sign cheaper than players of his caliber should cost due to that reputation, so he's a potential steal for a smart GM, especially after a season where his offensive numbers were a bit down due to his team underperforming and a change in system. He was still the best Capitals player under Hunter, and performed in both ends of the ice.

That's my two cents, but most likely it looks like we'll be standing pat, with maybe another depth defenseman signing somewhere on the horizon. Pretty boring, but the Blues should be improved relative to the division and improved overall simply from their younger players aging a bit.
Semin is a very talented player, and I agree that he is capable of playing an all round game when he is interested. The problem is him not being interested far too often.

Sign Semin, and Hitch will probably kill him within 3 months.