Thread: Speculation: Shea Weber
View Single Post
Old
07-05-2012, 03:16 PM
Jack de la Hoya

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sg12lw View Post
they cant trade him at all if her signs an offer sheet?

...learn something new everyday

i say do it....try a 1 yr 9/10 mil...if its one yr who cares what the hit is.... spend all the cap space we have so that nsh is less likely to match...if he signs one with us, maybe that somehow gives us a slight edge next july 1st ??
The 8.4 number was picked for a specific reason: anything higher costs 4 1sts, and then, I think, the risk of losing him next offseason is simply too great. 8.4 is the top-end of the second-highest compensation bracket, so 2 1sts, a 2nd, and a 3rd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brozgalov View Post
I would do it if you had any idea if he would sign longterm with us... I mean any bit of information would work.
That's the risk. I suppose technically the Flyers could feel that out now, since they can contact him as RFA, right? (I'm not sure how the rules work here--is it basically just "Drop your offer in the box," or can they actually negotiate?)

Worst case, I suppose, he gets here and you find out he wants to go UFA (or go somewhere in particular)--you can always trade him at that point, and probably recoup most of what you lose to get him.

Jack de la Hoya is online now   Reply With Quote