Amateur Hour

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerfan808 View Post
I would be okay with signing Semin under the following conditions:

1) 1-2 years MAX.
2) It's for less than 5.25M.

But even then I'd have my doubts:

1) How effective he would be at BOTH ends of the ice.
2) How will he fit into the locker room and the culture of this team.

Personally, I think he would do better on a team with a little more obscurity, where he can go about his business "behind the scenes" without feeling the pressure from the media and fans. In a city where, on the local news, hockey is punctuated with 15 second "Oh we almost forgot, the ________ won tonight... wooooo.... go _______! *shrugs* Well, that's all the time we have for you tonight. You stay classy ________." moments.

He would be eaten alive in Philadephia.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kicksave27 View Post
Put Semin next to giroux and on the PP, I bet those issues disappear. And it doesn't cost us any players. If he can't get a big long term deal maybe he'll take 1 year 5-6mil with philly to have a career year with giroux.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury View Post
Exactly. If you can get him 1 or 2 years at $5-5.5 million, you offer it and convince him it's his time to cash in playing with a top-5 center in the league.
Honestly, with the cap space we have now after missing out on Parise, Suter, and Carle, I'd even be willing to offer Semin between what he made the past two seasons ($6M and $6.7M), so let's say ~$6.5M AAV on a two-year deal. If it's a one-year deal (which I'd prefer), I'd even go as high as $7M because the term still allows for flexibility and doesn't mess up next offseason's cap space. On a line and PP unit with Giroux, he's getting a minimum of 40 goals.

Amateur Hour is offline   Reply With Quote