View Single Post
Old
07-05-2012, 07:59 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
Really? Our mean, nasty 1st round pick, who has a guaranteed spot in the organization - and who has served lengthy suspensions for illegal hits already in his career - comes in high on a guy in a prospects camp who's trying to make an impression and you immediately default to "the kid's a punk"?

I don't really have a problem with the play (assuming that McIlrath wasn't trying to injure him, only lay a big hit) and I don't have a problem with Kyle's comment either. In fact, I kinda liked the fact that his response was "oh he's hurt? ****er shouldn't have tried to blow me up then."

Agreed that the odds are extremely low that he'll turn out to be a star in the league, but I think he's got a good chance to at least be a contributor in the AHL - and potentially more. It's not like he was in juniors playing against 15 and 16 year olds; he was at a pro development camp and led the camp in scoring. More to the point, he passed the eye test - not just to me, but clearly to the Rangers brass as well.

Good signing. This is exactly how you should be spending your extra contracts.
I didn't call him a punk. I said it was odd, because it was a hard play and McIlrath's the one who gets ****ed up, and Jean is the one who starts talking about the hit like it was in the middle of an NHL game.

He passed the eye test because as someone else said he was like 3-4 years old than everybody else.

I don't dislike the signing, I just don't think the kid amounts to anything in the NHL. Not a bad contract, just sort of meh.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote