View Single Post
Old
11-30-2003, 10:03 PM
stardog

vCash: 500
I must say Im kinda surprised to read this thread. I came here expecting mostly jubilation.
For what it's worth, you will get most of your production out of Straka playing on the left wing with Stumpel as his center and Palffy as his right wing. His best year came when he played with Lang and Kovy and all three of them had huge breakout years that year.
He is a great addition to your line up. He will always give his best effort, never float, be a shining example of hard work and dedication for your younger players and never complain. He will take a hit to make a play and as I see it he is going to fit in very well on a line with guys who compliment his skill.This is what is being over looked as he has some of the best intangibles of anyone in the league. Frolov will benefit from watching Marty and that is HUGE in this deal.
Martin Straka is a fine person and i for one am sad to see him go. I am happy however that he went to the Kings as I follow them as well.
Let me tell you guys something else. Those of you who are concerned with his point totals this year, shouldn't be. Martin Straka was never a player who could "do it by himself". Instead he is a Perfect compliment player. Meaning if he isn't the main focus for the other teams defenders, he is going to eat the other team alive.
This season in Pitt, he was asked to be the main focus in our offense once Lemieux went down. He just isnt that guy. But I will say this. If the attention isn't soley on him (as it was in Pitt and wont be in LA), he is going to get you guys a point per game or damn near close to it.
A GREAT deal for LA....if I were a Kings fan first and foremost, and having seen Straka play hundereds of times, I would be ECSTATIC!!!
Mark my words LA....you guys are going to love this deal in a few weeks.

Good Luck Marty and thanks so much for all the hard work, memories and dedication over the years.

I've read alot about Anshakov but what can you tell me about Strbak? From a Pens P.O.V. is he going to help us? I know he didn't do alot for LA but keep in mind who we have on our defense compared to who LA has. Our top seven go Tarnstrom, Berehowsky,Melichar,Orpik,Bergevin, Boileau and Focht with Rozsival expected back in a week or two. Is he as good or better than any of the above mentioned and what kind of game will he bring?
Thanks in advance and congrats on getting Marty!