View Single Post
Old
07-05-2012, 08:45 PM
The Gnome

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsy View Post
Calgary is spinning its tires and reminds me of the JFJ years in Toronto. I'm not sure if it's Feaster or upper management from him but the team has 0 chance of winning the cup and needs to trade Iggy and Kipper before the value becomes nil. Signing Wideman and Hudler for the length of time they did makes sense to me if they need a top six winger and offensive defenseman to get over the hump and become a contender. I know of no one who thinks this team is built to play long into spring. If Iggy, Kipper or Gio gets hurts there is scarce depth to fill those holes. It'll be a testament to Feaster's legacy if the Flames are stuck in 10th or 11th by trade deadline next season and Iggy or Kipper don't move for some quality assets. I would like to look forward to a time when the Flames legitimately look to be building for a cup or contending for a cup. Imo, Feaster isn't "kind of a genius" by signing an offensive guy with huge defensive issues and a flaky yet dynamic top six winger. He's a GM of a very average NHL team.
I agree with this. I'm willing to see how the signings work out, Feaster really has changed the team. But at this time I don't necessarily think things are going to get any better because of those changes.

The Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote