View Single Post
Old
07-05-2012, 09:54 PM
FANonymous

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Erixon's Lunchbox View Post
Miller is a third tier prospect? Really? You're joking right? Thomas also scored 60+ goals in the OHL just a year removed. And I understand that Columbus doesn't need Erixon, but he ranked like 20th of all prospects at THN, 19 I think actually, and Miller 29th. I understand if you don't like the proposal since you want prospects you want proven players, but cmon, seriously third tier?
Yeah it was probably unfair. I just don't appreciate the whole "you're going to suck anyways so take the extra pieces we don't need for your top talent and captain" shtick.

If that's the thinking [The blue jackets are going to be bottom feeders, get over it] then what's the point in trading Nash? We're already finishing at the bottom, so trading away a top line talent for a bunch of lesser prospects that maybe cap out at decent 2nd liners does exactly what for us?

It's not going to do any more to ensure a top pick since we're already going to get that anyways. It'll free up all that cap space for free agents who don't come here. It'll ship out the face of the franchise and probably drive ticket sales further south. If we're going to suck no matter what, then **** it, I want to watch at least 1 world class player wear the cbj jersey as they go down in flames night after night. And if he's unhappy, oh well, most of the fans are too. The packages being suggested from the Rangers aren't going to help the CBJ become a better team immediately or in the future. I understand you guys don't want to give up certain pieces, that's fine but if we're not getting a single piece with top upside, why trade Nash?