View Single Post
Old
07-05-2012, 09:00 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KallioWeHardlyKnewYe
I actually like Miller. Thomas has never done much for me. Columbus already has a few talented shrimps trying to stick in the NHL. The issues with Erixon have been discussed to death here.

Here is a question: if Miller and Thomas are so promising, why is moving a Kreider or Stepan such a problem?

It's been pointed out that the Rangers are young and have a few years of a window here. I actually agree with that for what it is worth.

What is the harm in replacing one of your young forwards with one of the next youngsters in line? They are high end prospects after all.
I know why you're not high on Erixon or Thomas, but to say they are third tier prospects is quite moronic. By Hockeysfuture chart, Erixon will become a first or second pair dman, Miller a 1st line or second line forward, and Thomas a 1/2 line forward or AHL'er(I do believe he has a high chance on not being anything). How is that third tier? This is all Nash aside. Erixon and Miller are definitely blue-chippers. Erixon will be an NHL'er this year, and Miller will be at least a 4th line center right now.

I would actually be okay with trading Stepan. I would slot Anisimov on 2nd line and Miller on 3rd, and Miller will surpass Arty quickly. I would do Stepan, Dubinsky, and a 1st. I believe that is a fair deal.