View Single Post
Old
07-05-2012, 10:02 PM
NJRangers35

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jskramer83 View Post
As week as both this draft class was and this years free agent class is, next year crop of both is that strong

Perry
Getzlaf
Iginla
Elias
Hartnell
Lupul
Morrow
Close

Just to name a few
Perry is the only player on that list I would be very interested in and there is no guarantee he even hits free agency. Getzlaf is more of a playmaker then he is scorer. Don't get me wrong but I honestly rather have Nash over Getlzaf for our team. Elias is getting older and I rather have Nash. Would rather have Nash over Hartnell and definitley over Morrow. Lupul is a good player, but no guarantee he repeats and still is not the player Nash is. Plus you have to think Toronto is going to vastly overpay for him since they cannot seem to get anyone to come to Toronto. Finally Iginla is getting up there in age and is not someone I would count on to just add to the core. I don't think getting Nash this offseason would eliminate us from offering Iginla a 2 year deal next offseason.

With all that said I think it comes down to Perry and Nash. At this point if we can secure Nash opposed to waiting a whole year for Perry who isn't guaranteed to be there then I say we go hard after Nash. I have been opposed to everyone saying lets go into next offseason because there is a strong fee agent class. There is nothing really there that much better for this team than Nash, except for Perry. I am in the camp of going all in for Nash. I think he gets very underrated on this board and is a 40 goal scorer next to Richards. I also think going after Semin would be a great move as well. If we unload Dubinsky in the Nash deal and can lock up Semin for 4.5 mil, then I say lets go all in. We would be adding 8.1 mil with these two moves.

NJRangers35 is offline   Reply With Quote