Old
07-06-2012, 02:05 AM
GregNYR19
agitator

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to GregNYR19
Quote:
Originally Posted by esidebill View Post
I've seen a lot of pictures of people with their skates laced up, and the laces seem to be uniform and narrow running up the foot. On my foot, the laces widen out at one point and then become narrow again towards the top of the skate. Would this be a problem? I don't really have any issues with the top of my foot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guffaw View Post
Easy one. That boot doesn't have a deep enough instep for your foot. That being said, if you aren't getting pain etc. I wouldn't worry too much about it.
agreed with guffaw. i have owned a bunch of skates. my latest pair being bauer supreme one100 LE (all black and ridiculously expensive...had to spend the money for the most proper fit and it was worth every penny) but he is right

Quote:
Originally Posted by neksys View Post
I have the exact same problem. I have Easton EQ5s that I really like. They look a little funny and I've had a couple of people comment that my skates look like they're too loose, but whatever - they were the best fit for my feet and fit like a glove, even if they technically might be a little shallow through the instep.

my suggestion would be some waxed laces. while i suggest and i myself only used wax laces it will keep your skates tight. maybe i missed it in previous posts, but do your skates loosen up like that after they are tied? you do not have waxed laces and try them out. let them break in, and your skates will never loosen. that said, another problem would be that the boot of the skate may not be stiff enough which tends to happen depending on skate models. what do you consider yourself as a player? beginner, novice, or advanced? depending on your level, you could easily break down your boot if it is not extremely stiff

GregNYR19 is offline   Reply With Quote