View Single Post
Old
07-06-2012, 05:06 AM
Amateur Hour

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYguy3911 View Post
I think Castellanos would be harder to acquire. I would think he would be untouchable for the Tigers.

Olt is nice and all but he strikes out at an alarming rate. He does walk a lot which helps, but it's going to be hard for him to maintain a solid average at the highest level. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have him, it's just a little concerning.

Profar, untouchable by most accounts, would be an unbelievable get. I would take him straight up for Hamels. I guess we will see how desperate Texas is to get that ring.
Not gonna happen, not even straight up, not even close -- regardless of how desperate the Rangers are to win a World Series.

As for Olt... he's a power hitter, they strike out. If he didn't have such a good eye and walk so much, I'd be concerned about his big league potential at the dish. Still, even if he can be just a .260/.350/.500 hitter at the MLB level while providing above-average defense at third base, that's definitely a player you want on your team -- a player you can build around. He's been compared to Evan Longoria, by the way. MIKE OLT!

Last edited by Amateur Hour: 07-06-2012 at 05:11 AM.