View Single Post
Old
07-06-2012, 06:26 AM
CobraAcesS

vCash: 500
I get why people bring up O'Byrne (His contract) but hes one of only two RH-D that are actually full time NHL defenders for us.

He shouldn't be expensive to resign and hes a right hander.. Hes not going anywhere. There is a chance I think that management wasn't quite impressed with Hejda because he was suppose to enable EJ and instead did more to hurt that pairing than help it.

Hejda is ok but it's fairly easy to say that at 3M+ hes a bit over paid..

Wilson (Don't care that he just resigned he was an RFA) probably has a good chance of being moved as well. He does actually have value after scoring 21 points in a shortened season and currently being on a fairly cheap contract while still having some potential for growth.

I think Zannon may have been brought in to replace Hejda or to cover for SOB's defensive deficiencies. SOB is a great guy to have on the bench and on the ice but the Orr'Brien nickname is well deserved.

Zannon & SOB should allow SOB a little more freedom while minimizing the damage. Together they also form a scary tough guy type D pairing that is good enough defensively for bottom pairing sheltered minutes.

Another idea would be that eventually Zannon is a solid enough stay at home guy to allow a rookie offensive defender some room for growing pains as well. (Although I don't know what you do with SOB at that point.)

Over all.. Yeah it's difficult to make sense of..

CobraAcesS is offline   Reply With Quote