View Single Post
Old
07-06-2012, 06:49 AM
Protest
C`est La Vie

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amateur Hour View Post
Not gonna happen, not even straight up, not even close -- regardless of how desperate the Rangers are to win a World Series.

As for Olt... he's a power hitter, they strike out. If he didn't have such a good eye and walk so much, I'd be concerned about his big league potential at the dish. Still, even if he can be just a .260/.350/.500 hitter at the MLB level while providing above-average defense at third base, that's definitely a player you want on your team -- a player you can build around. He's been compared to Evan Longoria, by the way. MIKE OLT!
That's the reason I'd rather keep Hamels if its possible because I doubt anyone we actually get is going to be as good as Cole Hamels. I'd rather build my team around a 28 year old pitcher who is one of the best in the game, than a 3rd base prospect who may turn into Evan Longoria (who I wouldn't trade Cole Hamels for).

We agree this should be a two, maybe even three, year process, so why not keep Hamels if possible? You have 2 other pitchers that could be moved at next years deadline.

If they can't sign him by the deadline, then he's gonna have to be moved for the best offer they get. If they can sign him, I'd sign him, move minor pieces this deadline, see how the team looks next year, and move some major pieces then.

Honestly if the team struggles next year, and Doc and Lee are pitching well without support, you could get a good return for both. You could even trade Howard if he's doing well at that point if you eat a decent amount of money, and if the deal makes sense.