View Single Post
Old
07-06-2012, 08:01 AM
flyersfan187

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to flyersfan187 Send a message via Skype™ to flyersfan187
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirimon View Post
Timonen-Meszaros
Coburn-Grossmann
Schenn-Bourdon/Gustafsson/Manning/Gervais/Lilja...

it's not a terrible lineup at all. It's not the best around perhaps, but the main problem last season was team d, not the individual players themselves (if that makes any sense). There are no ufa dmen left that I really want (would have preferred quite a few over Gervais though). Of course, there are quite a few question marks surrounding the group, but most NHL teams have quite a few of those on defense.

Let's hope that one of the young guys seizes the opportunity in training camp and Gervais earns all those dollars up in Glen Falls, that Meszaros gets back to form now that he's healthy (he is healthy, right?), that Schenn turns into that dman the Leafs thought they'd gotten after his rookie season, that Coburn is angry more often, and that Timonen can get some nights off once in a while (that he shouldn't have to be on the first pk unit will help quite a bit I think).
You see that is the thing. I was one of the few that supported trading for him then, but I have grown to think he is a weak link out there and is a waste of cap space when we have Bourdon sitting on the bench. The question I always ask myself though, is he playing really weak or is he just playing how he is suppose to be playing within the system and the forwards are that bad at rotating? Lavy's system is an intense high tempo offensive system that requires a lot of rotating and a lot of bodies to fill in for all the injuries that this type of system will bring.

flyersfan187 is offline   Reply With Quote