View Single Post
Old
07-06-2012, 09:27 AM
DutchShamrock

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
I get sick thinking about this. Im already in withdrawal for Rangers hockey. Thinking about a lockout is painful.

I just hope the two sides agree quickly.

I really don't want that realignment of the divisions, either. Our division is tough enough as it is.
It's a very weird initiative by the league. They're all about leveling playing fields, keeping every last team in the playoff hunt until the last game of the season. The loser's point, the cap, guaranteed positions for division winners... that helps level the playing field.

This realignment, it'll be like MLB. Teams will be out of the playoffs by December. Three teams in each division will lock up spots, the next two or three will leave the struggling teams in the dust. So many fanbases are going to be disinterested and jaded. Watch the stars on the Pirates of the NHL go to the Yankees and Red Sox.

The MLB model... I guess that's why we're hearing about revenue sharing. The cap floor will drop, teams will stop trying to be competitive, and owners will wait for their revenue sharing checks.

DutchShamrock is offline   Reply With Quote