Old
07-06-2012, 08:51 AM
Fugu
Administrator
HFBoards

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaton View Post
I bagged on Quincey for years and I still believe in what I said, but he's still 26 years old and can help this team (hopefully in a lesser role when players like Smith develop and we get a real #1/#2 defensemen). But if Q's demands are too high it won't be hard to replace him on a 1 year basis. But Holland will sign him for whatever the decision is, he has 17m in cap space.
I'm saying that it will be hard to replace AND get better for less money.

How is Holland going to do that? He either has to make one more trade or he has to go the UFA route. Neither option is cheaper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe89 View Post
For the record I do want us to keep Quincey for a season even if the contract is $4M. It doesn't look like we'll be close to the cap, so you suck it up and at least improve your team a little bit. But I don't think he's worth it. However Quincey can't use that leverage of cap space and team need etc. in arbitration so I'm still hoping his award will be closer to $3M.
I think we're saying the same thing, Joe. I just got the impression initially that you guys were saying his only comparables would be Wings contracts.

Fugu is offline   Reply With Quote