Thread: Speculation: Luongo XX - Trade Another Day
View Single Post
Old
07-06-2012, 10:25 AM
Man Bear Pig

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broom of the System View Post
Vokoun was allowed to negotiate with teams before the trade. He decided to sign with Pitt, so the Caps got something rather than watch him sign in Pitt for nothing in a couple of weeks. The Leafs could have tried to trade for Vokoun I suppose, but he wouldn't have signed there.
The reports I read stated Vokoun would have come to Toronto on the exact same contract he signed with the Pens and the Leafs rejected it. Is there something I'm missing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROZY67 View Post
I guess that is what I'm saying is that BB doesn't seem to want to give up much to get goaltending, and I totally agree that Gillis has to be sensible in what he is looking for in return, but Theo did have a very good year last year and I think could do a fine job of shoring TO up until Reimer is ready and at 1.6 or whatever it is he may be the sensible answer.
Not many GM's wanna roll the dice on Theo and I personally wouldn't either. I see him as redundant, pretty lateral IMO. I wouldn't be surprised to see Scrivens or Reimer outplay him next year. You say BB doesn't seem to wanna give up much to get a goalie well, it's probably because he doesn't see an upgrade. The available goalies out there just aren't that great or will cost too much i.e Luongo. Even Bernier isn't an upgrade IMO. People forget that prior to the injury, Reimer was pretty sharp. I'd like to see a goalie brought in, an older one, but I don't know who that would be. Can't see too many guys making sense.