View Single Post
Old
07-06-2012, 09:42 AM
predfan98

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnhowitzer View Post
I can relate to your frustration, folks. When Gaborik bounced out of MN I felt the same way. "He said this, he said that. Risebrough this, etc."

I have always respected your franchise. Not a traditional hockey 'hotbed' by any means, but when I get to catch the Preds on the tube and especially during the playoffs the fans bring the noise.

Just from a MN fan perspective...what these two do to the Wild is beyond just the ice sheet. Neal Broten would probably still sell the most jerseys in this state, but ZP could finally be the kid who pushes that. On the ice, I don't think you can overlook their impact. The Wild has NEVER had a 25+ minute defender such as Suter. Chuck Fletcher has come in since Risebrough left (who was garbage) and stayed the course. With the additions of Mitchell and Konopka they are adding depth and experience to the 4th line so guys like Wellman, Christensen, Rau, Taffe, etc who've been here in the past don't need to be here. With Parise and now Granlund coming in, guys like Clutterbuck and Brodziak can go back to their tradional roles as 3rd liners instead of being asked to contribute as scorers night in, night out.

I just wanted to get some Nashville perspective, because we have been their with Gaborik. Yes, we still hate Gaborik but at the time couldn't really fault the Rangers for what they did. If you think Suter and Parise are going to a "loser" franchise, I believe you will be mistaken. The future looks extremely bright and now it's time to put it to work.

I don't mean to rub it in on you guys, that's not my style. Just wanted to give a little perspective from a Wild fan. I can understand the hate. Just remember it's not our (the fans) fault in any of this!

Best wishes next season and best wishes with Weber as well.
oh, how nice..... best wishes from a wild fan who doesn't want to rub it in, but just wants to express his opinion, here....

predfan98 is offline   Reply With Quote