View Single Post
Old
07-06-2012, 10:58 AM
ROZY67
RIP RYP

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Man Bear Pig View Post
The reports I read stated Vokoun would have come to Toronto on the exact same contract he signed with the Pens and the Leafs rejected it. Is there something I'm missing?

Not many GM's wanna roll the dice on Theo and I personally wouldn't either. I see him as redundant, pretty lateral IMO. I wouldn't be surprised to see Scrivens or Reimer outplay him next year. You say BB doesn't seem to wanna give up much to get a goalie well, it's probably because he doesn't see an upgrade. The available goalies out there just aren't that great or will cost too much i.e Luongo. Even Bernier isn't an upgrade IMO. People forget that prior to the injury, Reimer was pretty sharp. I'd like to see a goalie brought in, an older one, but I don't know who that would be. Can't see too many guys making sense.
Not so sure your rolling the dice on him, his last 4-5 years have been very good with Wash, Minny and Florida.
So if BB does really feel that Reimer or Scrivens are the future and Theo would waive his NTC to go to TO then I really can't see the risk as far as Theo is concerned at his salary, I do however agree with you on Bernier not being an upgrade as he is an unproven commodity.
Theo is a former Hart, Vezina winner and as I said above has had some very good years the past 5 or so.