Thread: Proposal: Edmonton-New Jersey
View Single Post
Old
07-06-2012, 10:36 AM
GDDevils

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaseline stampede View Post
I see a plethora of 5/6/7 Dmen here and I don't think that's a pressing need for the Oilers. There's no way they take on AV's contract at this point. He is a LT grossly overpaid and immensely immobile 3rd pairing guy at this point. Greene, Fayne, etc...these guys are just so meh. Who would give up anything to acquire players like this? I can't think of any team that's seeking to ship out core guys for these players. The only option I could see is Tallinder for the 3rd pair vet/mentoring role. I would be ok with a Sutton/Tallinder 6/7 for the next two years. But, obviously, Hemsky and co. aren't options no matter what NJ fans do to "sweeten the pot." This is like a Potter, Omark, late pick kind of deal. I just don't see a fit with these two teams at all...
You obviously have no idea what you're talking about. Green and Fayne were our best pairing throughout the playoffs. Either one is immensely more valuable than Tallinder.

Also you are way overrating Hemsky. A guy who is a good player but can never stay healthy. If you think he is going to bring a top pair defensman or a young stud you're out to lunch.

GDDevils is offline   Reply With Quote