Thread: Line Combos: 2011 vs 2012
View Single Post
Old
07-06-2012, 10:58 AM
Kjell Dahlin

vCash: 500
I still hope for reinforcement on D (Bouillon – experience and toughness - is better than Weber and Campoli but he ain't no Barret Jackman! Plus... ideally Emelin would play on the 3rd pairing) and I was disappointed when Jagr signed elsewhere; he would have been a good stop gap measure while waiting for Leblanc and Gallagher imo.

In the current context, I would go with:

1. Pacioretty - Plekanec – Gionta

2. Bourque - Desharnais - Cole (I can't imagine someone floating around alongside work horses Desharnais and Cole!)

3. Moen - Eller – Leblanc (though I have doubts regarding Leblanc's physical readiness)

4. Prust - Nokelainen - White (grits + a good right handed faceoff man)

(Gomez or Armstrong )

1. Emelin - Subban (our #1 pairing is the one with Subban on it imo... and I am a huge fan of Markov btw)

2. Markov – Gorges

3. Kaberle - Bouillon

(Diaz or Saint-Denis)

Price
Budaj

--------------------------------

=> On paper the 2011 lineup looks better but (1) injuries were the #1 problem in 2011-12 - Gionta and Markov should see more action in 2012-13) and (2) the 2012 line up is better balanced.

Oh... I almost forgot... and Therrien >>>> Cunneyworth!

--------------------------------

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriousHabs View Post
So this ''player traded for'' sloted in the top 6 doesn't cost roster players, or was traded from Gomez? I can see why people always say our GMs suck. Such stupid expectations can only lead to stupid assements of the GMs job.
Bourque, Diaz + 2nd round pick is the new Ryder, Halak and a 2nd round pick! Btw... I invented the "Ryder, Halak and a 2nd round pick" back in my sportsnet days!

Last edited by Kjell Dahlin: 07-06-2012 at 11:10 AM.
Kjell Dahlin is offline   Reply With Quote