View Single Post
Old
07-06-2012, 11:39 AM
DutchShamrock

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Believer View Post
Thats NEVER going to happen, Polie is not going to allow a repeat of Suter. He is going to trade Weber before he can get to free agency. The team that is going to acquire him, is going to sign him to an extension(they are going to give up quite a bit to get him).

Two scenarios:
1)Polie gets Weber resigned.

2)Weber refuses to sign with Nashville, Polie trades him. Weber signs an extension with the team that traded for him.
I'm sorry, those aren't the only two scenarios. This is why I think you guys are in a dream world... all these ideal factors and contingencies.

No one can force Weber to sign. He can tell Nashville he's testing UFA or not signing there. No one can force Weber to sign before a trade is finalized. He's in control. Hossa was traded to Pitt and walked UFA 4 months later. It's not unheard of.

What if Weber flat out refuses to sign any type of extension prior to next summer? That's covered in neither of your two scenarios. It's possible. The only thing forcing his hand is the new CBA: 1) the restrictive rules will hamper his earning ability and 2) they may raise the age of UFA. #2 is why I think Nashville will hold onto him this season, he may not be walking UFA next summer anyway.