View Single Post
Old
07-06-2012, 11:48 AM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by New York RKY View Post
But you're also under the assumption that he will get more power play time and such.

You don't know what moves will be made. You also have to take into consideration on how he's viewed within the organization. Do they think he has that offensive potential, if so then he'll get more time. Maybe he only gets some second unit time.

The difference with him and Doughty, Weber, Karlsson, Pietrangelo is that they already get major power play time. We don't know if/when McDonagh will ever get a chance to run the first unit. Not as long as MDZ is here I'd assume. It's an unfair advantage to the Webers and Zkatlsson who get to basically play the full power play then compared to someone seeing minimal second unit time.
Well I'm actually just playing Devils Advocate towards you. I agree that he could be a constant rock wall defenseman who notches 30-35 points a year, and I also think he could become a constant 45-50 point Norris candidate. It all really depends on as you said, if the organization believes he could be a PP threat.