Thread: New York Islanders: Official Sky Is Falling Thread
View Single Post
Old
07-06-2012, 11:48 AM
scott99

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyeDray View Post
Ah yes the annual thread by Isles fans who set their expectation on a player like Parise or Suter and end up with Boyes and Carkner....

Along with this come the why can't Garth Snow sign better players, and why cant he make the team better....

Everyone seems to forget around this time of year that no one wants to play in a building that is falling apart and MORE IMPORTANT no one wants to come to a situation where they may need to uproot and move to another city (as of now, an unknown city).

Further for this to become a desirable destination, the core group needs to find ways to have better success. Winning cures all. The core of Tavares, Hamonic, Streit, A-Mac, Neilsen, Martin, Bailey, Okposo, Grabner those are our guys. They have to find a way to bring it and get the team close or into the playoffs for other players to say this is a young winning core that is on the rise. They are not there yet based on the last season obviously.

Snow has brought in 3 solid additions in Visnovsky, Carkner and Boyes. All three are consummate pros and all three add an element and fill a roll on this team.

I look for Boyes to be the top line wing to start the year and with Moulson and JT I could see them gelling nicely and Boyes returning to a 20+ goal season no problem... I think he bounced around a bit in Buffalo, and I have to believe that he still has the skill set to make it happen. If it doesn't, Okposo can slot into that spot, and/or we have several young players who can come in somewhere during the season.
I like the optimism. And really, that's all we can have, optimism, because we are low on talent compared to most teams.

scott99 is online now   Reply With Quote