Old
07-06-2012, 01:05 PM
tmack224

vCash: 500
[QUOTE=pld459666;52216155][QUOTE=tmack224;52214337]
Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
Point made.

You mention the centers that Vanek has been able to play with the last 4 years and 2 of the guys mentioned are LEAPS AND BOUNDS better playmakers than Nash has been paired with during that same time frame and has produced better numbers.

Actual production during the last 4 years of games played. The difference of 9 games over a 4 years span is marginal at best.

Vanek - 126 goals for an average of 31.5 goals per season
Nash - 135 goals for an average of 33.75

Forget Derek Roy for a second here. Tim Connolly is better than any center that Nash has had the opportunity to play with in the last 6 years.

So, Vanek played 3rd line LW and not on the PP?

He played at least 3+ minutes of PP time per game. In 2010-12 Roy played 3+ minutes a game on the PP and Connolly played 2+, almost 3 minutes a game on the PP.

And I have to ask, why would they punish the guy by playing him with Adam and Schezchura (only played 9 games) who were both getting barely 3rd line minutes? Both Rookies.

I find it hard to believe that in the last 2 years you would have your best scoring LW playing with a 3rd line center. May explain why the team struggled to score goals.

Vermette is a dencent center. On par with Connolly, but Brassard is crap and Johansen should not be in the NHL yet. Way to wet behind the ears.
Dont ask me why Ruff plays lines the way he does.

If I had a choice of Roy, connolly and Hecht or Brassard, Vermette and Johonsan Im pretty sure i know side im choosing lol.

tmack224 is offline   Reply With Quote