View Single Post
Old
07-06-2012, 12:42 PM
SabresFanNorthPortFL

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip15 View Post
I really wish we'd stop talking about Boston at some point.
Yeah, I know Zip but the article spelled out the truth, The Lucic Incident was the defining moment of the season. It took the team 25+ games to get back on track. Unless the Sabres as a team, and organization addressed the Bruins, we'd never have respect. 5 guys on the ice, and 5 guys did nothing.

My personal opinion, was the incident at least coast us a playoff spot. Look at what NHL players said, NHL coaches and reporters, they said we were a bunch of wusses. It needed to be addressed.

Just look at a guy like Scott thought of it:

ďIt was just kind of a lack of respect for the Sabres, in my opinion,Ē Scott said. ďI think he could have obviously missed Ryan. He didnít have to run the goalie that way, and afterward he didnít really feel remorse for the situation or feel worried or scared. It was one of those things where if someone doesnít really feel scared or worried to play your team, guys are going to take liberties.

Had to like him saying this:

ďObviously, everyone knows what Iím going to bring,Ē Scott said. ďIím a big, physical guy whoís out there to take care of teammates. Thatís what I want to do. Iím not going to get huge minutes, but hopefully Iím going to go out and get a shift, play forward or defense, and just hold other teams accountable and donít let our team get bullied and pushed around, be physical and create a lot of problems for other teams.Ē

SabresFanNorthPortFL is offline   Reply With Quote