View Single Post
Old
07-06-2012, 01:03 PM
Ola

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/i...-and-rick-nash

Howson is not getting the home run from Sather.
It seems obvious that nothing will give right now with what's being offered.

IE, Slats won't raise his offer and I don't understand why Howson would lower his just because its July 6. Then he might as well wait till after the CBA is in place so that teams know the rules and can take bigger risks potentially, or atleast maybe in some cases.

But another alternative is of course a 3-way deal. I personally think we are offering really good prospects and players, that might be alot undervalued right now to be honest. Brandon Dubinsky has been a 1st line player multiple times on teams that has made the PO's. He is physical and a good character guy in terms of creating a no-nonsense atmosphere in a club. I guess that you could say alot about him, but he is devoted to winning. Tim Erixon is a rellly good prospect. Anything else than defense from blueliners isn't really acknowledged in NY, but for a kid who definitely wasn't ready physically I think that he displayed great poise, and I mean great, during his stints in the big league. This kid got size and if he only could mature physically, he will be a really good top 3 D in this league. A young D like that got a ton of value. JT Miller is IMHO a heck of a prospect. You know that he will become a player that just takes care of business both ways and in terms of finnishing hits etc. He definitely also got some offensive flair to his game. He is a modern player who will become a very valuble NHLer. Add a 1st rounder to that and its a heck of an offer IMHO. If we could find trading partners -- we might find someone who really appriciates these assets true value, and the return we get might possibly satisfiy Howson.