View Single Post
Old
07-06-2012, 01:04 PM
SabresFanNorthPortFL

vCash: 500
The main reason I'm ok with the Vanek for Stastny trade, is Ruff.

There are too many "smoke/fire" quotes over the years for Ruff and Vanek to be "right." I've said for years on these boards that "if you have a Stallion, you ride him." Ruff does not game plan for Vanek, and he is our Stallion. If Ruff has a problem with him, please trade him.

I'll bring it up again, Vanek started the season PK'ing with Paille, they scored a couple shorties, and Vanek has never been PKing again. Why does Vanek only sit in front of the net on the PP? Why do I watch plays designed for other top players with an awesome shot such as Vanek? Why isn't he set up for a one-timer at the top of the circle? Why not feed him the puck at the blueline? Too many options that are not utilized or tried for Vanek specifically over the years. (and yes, I know putting him at the blueline that he's a touch slow..just an example of cycling him to the top for a set up shot.)

I feel Vanek could be best served as trade right now, for the future for us.

I also think a decent sized, two way center is what we need but I wouldn't be opposed to Stastny at all, as I think he would do great with Pomms.