View Single Post
07-06-2012, 01:23 PM
Join Date: Jul 2002
Originally Posted by
I'd like to think you're right, but what I think will happen:
1. DP will sign someone like Mark Eaton or some other cheap scrub to shore up the defense.
2. Then we'll sign our yearly shot in the dark forward - maybe a Mueller or an Eric Fehr or Wellwood or some other of the type.
3. DP will talk about how he likes our youngsters and wants to see what so and so prospect can do in training camp and the like, and how they're well prepared to make additions to the roster with all the flexibility we have and yak yak yak.
4. We will have a cap floor team.
5. Despite all logic that says otherwise, I don't think DP has the cojones to trade Weber, and despite all the talk of spending this and being a near-cap team, I'm skeptical of the willingness of the Preds to actually offer a gigantic contract to anyone. (Why Suter didn't have a 13yr 90 mil contract on his desk on January 1st, why it took some other team to set the market, I've no idea). So I think we'll go into the season with Weber, and if we're in playoff contention at midseason we'll play it out, and if not he'll be shipped off at the deadline.
That's what I think will happen.
What I think will happen too.
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by Stranger