View Single Post
Old
07-06-2012, 01:51 PM
esidebill

vCash: 500
I'm about 7 weeks into playing hockey. I've done about 6 clinics or so every week where we play an 80 minute scrimmage. The first couple of weeks were getting a feel for the game (I played a few years of roller hockey as a kid, so only being 21 it came back somewhat) and had a goal or two. Last night I had a really good game. The ice was horrible due to the heat, but we only had about 6 forwards, so it meant tons of ice time. I potted 3 goals, one a steal on a fore check from someone near the net that I put in, another a deflection and another snapshot right through the armpit. I'm also learning to use my reach (I'm 6'5) to get to pucks people normally would think unobtainable. My handling still sucks and my ice vision could use a little work, but I feel more confident playing every week and I always get the "You've only played 6 pickup games?" thing a lot. I'm looking to join a league, but the summer league seems to have a wait list. Hoping some people have to drop out so I can get into an organized league!

esidebill is offline   Reply With Quote