View Single Post
Old
07-06-2012, 02:14 PM
Captain Awesome

vCash: 500
The funny thing is I doubt we'd all be as pissed off if Morrow came in and had a close to repeat season of the year when we traded Neal. We went from having 4 good LW's in Benn, Neal, Morrow, and Ott to having 2. Benn went to Center, Morrow decided he was going to suck and be lazy, Neal got traded, and Ott has never been top 6 material. We moved Loui to LW but it still left a gaping hole there. We got unlucky that an area of strength suddenly turned into a weakness in one season in which we had nearly the same personnel.

I'm not saying we wouldn't be talking about it at all, I'm saying it looks a lot worse when you have to put up with watching Steve Ott play in the top 6 for an entire year. I think this year will decide which Goligoski we're getting once and for all. He's still young too, especially for a D-man. I doubt he'll ever live up to matching a 40 goal James Neal, but he still could live up to what James Neal would probably have done here. Be a consistent 30 goal guy who helped the PP. Hopefully Goligoski gets out of his funk, quarterbacks this thing properly, and our PP is much improved.

Captain Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote