Thread: Speculation: Roster 2012-2013 - Part II
View Single Post
Old
07-06-2012, 02:17 PM
Psuhockey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
I beg to differ. Laughton, Cousins and Gustafsson are going to be pivotal players in the future success of this franchise. Cousins will not be a center in the NHL. He's going to be moved to the wing and the guy has an excellent skill set that will make him a successful player in the NHL.

Laughton's game really took off in Oshawa after Boone Jenner went down and he was put into an offensive role. Laughton is expected to be the top center in Oshawa this year, so 80-90 points is not out of the realm at all. And with his solid two-way game, you find a spot in your lineup for guys like that.

Gustafsson is also going to benefit from the Carle move because he should slide into the number 6 role and get constant ice time. Last season, Gustafsson was on his way to becoming a good defenseman when his wrist was injured. Now that he's healthy, I expect a big year from Gustafsson.

So, don't think these guys don't have a future here. On the contrary, they'll be playing pivotal roles in two to three years.
I agree with everything you said about building up the prospect pool before any big trade. I don't think Gus will amount to much although I do see some other guys on the phantoms that could one day have an NHL future all be it as lower end defenseman, like Manning or Laurdisen. I am also curious to see how Konan, Mangene and Johnston do this year in the AHL. If one of these guys hit, the prospect pool will be significantly enhanced enough to trade players or picks next summer or at the deadline.

Psuhockey is offline   Reply With Quote