View Single Post
Old
07-06-2012, 02:43 PM
BobRouse

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyBeatsTheWiz View Post
Doan wants a long-term contract with Phoenix. There's been nothing said about his contract demands of another team.

Doan can be absolved by watching his play. That dude would skate through a brick wall for his team in the playoffs.

I'm honestly befuddled as to why you, of all people, wouldn't see the value of a Shane Doan over an Alex Semin.
Because Doan is 35 and has a lot of mileage. He's been a very good player but father time catches up to all of us and sometimes suddenly. I don't think his contract demands will be less with another team..if anything he'd give the benefit of the doubt to Phoenix when it comes to contract stuff. With the amount of bidders for his services I'm sure he will get 5 years from someone and thats just stupid to me due to the CBA.

Semin is in his prime.

Neither player has had "team" playoff success for the simple fact that they haven't been part of teams that had a good "mix". Sure there are different "mix" problems with the respective teams but it hasn't been either players fault for the lack of team success.