Old
07-06-2012, 02:48 PM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by llamapalooza View Post
boothisman.gif

But seriously, that would piss off both Dallas fans and Minnesota fans. Dallas fans don't want their moment in the national spotlight to be in the shadow of a horrifically-misguided relocation, and Minnesotans would feel very weird cheering against the team that's finally playing in their state's greatest jersey of all time after such a long wait to see it un-retired.
I don't think Dallas fans would be upset about it. I'm just imagining the media frenzy leading up to the game if they announced, say the day after Christmas, those would be the jerseys. You'd have a lot of upset people taking extreme stands, and I think it could do wonders for the publicity for both teams as well as really polarize the fanbase. Really stick it to the Minnesota fans that this is their team, and the North Stars really are gone forever. This team is the Wild, with their own path to forge, and their own history to make. Something like that could really permanently kill the constant "nostalgia" for the North Stars, which I feel really holds back fan commitment to this team.

squidz* is offline   Reply With Quote