View Single Post
Old
07-06-2012, 03:36 PM
Block More Shots

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara Underhill View Post
But that isn't exactly how it would work. We'd still have to move assets to make the salary work. So really you're getting two guys for the price of one financially but still giving up assets in the end. Two guys that could hit big or miss even bigger.
We have the cap space to work with (15.8 to be precise), so we wouldn't necessarily have to move salary out. Even if we tie up 9 mil in those two, we still have about 7 mil to work with. Considering MDZ and Stralman's contracts though, I'd be interested to see what the cap space would be like.

Mueller could certainly miss given his concussion history, but on a 2-year deal worth around 4.5-5 mil total, it's not that bad. Semin would obviously be a bigger risk, but the guy has done nothing but produce year in and year out. 386 pts in 417 games since the lockout. The guy's ppg is very high. The question isn't money necessarily, rather term, especially if work ethic is in question. I've heard reports of him wanting long-term, so that'd be the main problem. Of course, I could see a team giving him 4-5 years just because they are in desperate need of a scorer like him.