View Single Post
Old
07-06-2012, 03:59 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
There is a HUGE difference when considering trading Suter when talking about when you would trade him.

Trading Suter at the deadline was the WRONG move. The team was rolling and Poile made alot of moves at the time. At that time, we were looking very good on paper and were gearing up for a possible cup run. We would have gotten a decent return but nothing to make up for the loss of Suter.

What I'm saying was to trade Suter during last offseason after he wouldn't commit. That is when you get a much better return for Suter and I don't think we would have fallen off that much depending on the trade.

Hopefully Poile has learned this lesson. If so, why not keep Weber. After all, it may hurt our chances for the playoffs next year if we trade him, right?
I can see trading him last offseason being the right move now that we have hindsight to guide us, but last offseason Weber was the priority. I honestly think Poile felt like most of us; Suter will be the easy one to keep while Weber will be a challenge.

TMI is offline   Reply With Quote