View Single Post
Old
12-01-2003, 05:15 AM
reg dunlop

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Av-merican
Forwards half his size have the same problem. That's no excuse. There isn't the inferior linemates excuse either. Palffy gets the job done with AHL centers setting him up. I was willing to give him a pass for most of last season on account of him fighting injuries--he has no such pass this season.

I don't mind saying I've been terribly disappointed in Jarome this season. He's been completely invisible except for the times he runs at the goalie or picks a fight. I was hoping the Flames under Sutter would be far better than this and that Darryl would bring out the best in Iginla. This team lives and dies by his play, and right now, he's killing them. As much as we've seen pleasant surprises such as Matthew Lombardi, Iginla is indeed the face of this team. He's also the heart and soul of this team, and they'll never improve until he WAKES UP. :mad:
he doesnt seem to play with a lot of passion for a "power forward", when is the last time anyone saw him drive the net. he plays the outside perimeter game right now, he wont score too many goals shooting from the boards... i agree it is not his linemates, good players can play with almost anyone. a huge disappointment.