View Single Post
Old
07-06-2012, 05:24 PM
Edge

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tikkanese10 View Post
I think people aren't realizing what Nash is. Nash is a superstar stuck in hockey hell. Bobby Ryan is definitely a star, but I think Nash has the "it" factor. He's a monster. Cough up Stepan Sather get this guy here before he makes us EAT IT as a Flyer, Pen or Devil (magic Lou). JUST DO IT!! You gotta give to get. Sweeten the pot with something to make up for holding on to McD and Kreider. If Nash gets swiped we will be in bad shape and end up overpaying for Ryan. If Ryan goes than we will pay too much for Semin and so on and so on. Gotta be proactive here. This guy is the real thing! Prime of his career. Don't be fooled by stats (which are still real good) from one of the crummiest franchises in the league.

Nash on a good team will fight for the most points in the league with the likes of Crosby, Malkin, and the other top flight players.

We have this guy a few months ago and we get to the finals because it doesn't take us 7 every time.

Figure Howson out. Dreger's pressure tweet isn't doing it. Give him something. This team is ready now. Losing a couple of guys won't destroy us. This isn't the '94 situation. We'll still have a great core and future even if we lose 2 or 3 of them. The playoffs aren't played "in the cupboard".
I like Nash, but I'm going to disagree on a few points.

Nash is good and I agree that he's a better player than Ryan. But I don't put him in the Crosby, Malkin, Stamkos category.

I think if it were as easy as just opening the cupboard and parting with some prospects, it would've been done by now. It's kind of like saying that the easiest way to end war is just to make peace. The challenge is that without guys like McD and Kreider, there isn't even a starting point right now. We're not talking about Christian Thomas being the hold up here.