View Single Post
Old
07-06-2012, 06:21 PM
Mr Misty
The Irons Are Back!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by glovesave_35 View Post
As a person who was "on board" with the trade at the time I feel like there's a good amount of revisionist history going on here these days regarding Neal.

Yes he was inconsistent but he wasn't traded because "it didn't look like he was going to put the pieces together" here. He was traded because the team had a massive gaping hole on D and Neal was always the most likely player to be traded in order to obtain it. There seems to be this idea out there among some Stars fans who keep saying that he's miles better now than he was here; that's bs. He had deficiencies in his game but they were never to the point that he couldn't/wouldn't have ironed them out in a Stars jersey. If he were 2-3 years older then I could buy that but he was just too young to say he had stalled out here. It's something Stars fans say to themselves to feel better about not getting a better defenseman back in return for him.
My post had some of these ideas in it as well, but I think the team ran out of patience with him and the results he got while playing on the team's best line.

I do think Neal is significantly better now than he was when he got traded. Some of it is Malkin, but I think something happened (maybe over the off season) that got him going in the right direction.

Mr Misty is offline   Reply With Quote