Thread: Next move?
View Single Post
Old
07-06-2012, 05:45 PM
tuckrr

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
Really? I think you need to look up Semin's numbers because he isn't Zherdev 2.0. This whole thing about Semin being a poor defensive player and stuff is just crap that's made up. Over the past four seasons, he's been a +92, so he knows about the defensive side of the game. On top of it, the past four seasons, he's scored 123 goals, an average of just under 31 goals a season while playing on the second line. He's never had the benefit of playing with Backstrom. Give him a good centerman and he's good for 40 goals a year.

This whole Russian-bias is really silly and starting to get old. The guy is a gamer. His numbers match that of Parise and I'm sure that if Semin were a Canadian, there'd be no doubt he'd be getting a big contract from someone. I suggest to do some research about Semin, but I guess that as long as there's a general consensus he's a bad player, then it will continue to permeate through here. Too bad as well.
I'm far from biased against Russians. My suggestion to you would be to watch him play. If Alexander Semin isn't the centerpiece, he wont put forth a consistent effort. And on our team he would not be the #1 guy, Giroux has that locked up.

I couldn't care less about nationality, I do care about shot blocking and consistency though.

The only Russian-factor thing to consider is during the draft. Will that player leave for the KHL or not?

tuckrr is offline   Reply With Quote