View Single Post
Old
07-06-2012, 08:17 PM
dtrap

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to dtrap
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Sting View Post
It's definitely going down again, but some of those guys also scored 65-69 points because they were injured. One of them is over 40 years old, and while an amazing player, is no longer an "elite" scorer.

What's really important to look at is points per game, and you notice that most of the best teams in the league have multiple players whose points per game average is in the 1 point per game range. And if you don't have one or two players like that, it's very difficult to win.

Regardless, I just don't see Kreider ever scoring 65-75 points. I think he's a great young player, who could end up being invaluable because of his athletic ability, his versatility and usability in numerous different situations, and I do think he'll get get his fair share of points and goals. Just not 65-75.
Only two of the guys I mentioned played less than 78 games (sedin - 72 & datsyuk 70). Hell throw Patty Kane in there. He had 66 in 82.

As for PPG...the Kings has no one average a PPG...Kopitar was the only one close. Philly only had one guy close (Giroux). In fact, other than Pittsburgh no one had two guys at a ppg. The Rangers have a guy in that range.

I honestly think you are over estimating how many point per game players there are in the NHL anymore. In fact only 7 players played in 60+ games and averaged 1.0 points/game or better. There are prolly 35-45 more in the 0.8 - 0.9 range and if that is the range you want then the Rangers already have two of those guys.

Side Note: I agree Jagr set us back... But honestly we are good now so I don't care anymore.