View Single Post
Old
07-06-2012, 07:25 PM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbcraig1883 View Post
I think Spurgeon is limited due to his size but I still think he can play 4/5 minutes regularly just because of his smarts. I still feel he has more room to improve as his reactions and positioning will get better as he gets more experience.

While I am super excited for Brodin, I forgot how much we all were excited to see Scandella last year. A very mobile guy with a long reach...I still think he has great potential but it will take another season or so to really see him grow into his body and gain confidence.

It will be interesting to see how the D end up being paired but that is already being discussed in another thread.
i wasn't all that excited for scandella. i'm fairly sure i was more or less making fun of you all for assuming he was going to jump in and be a rockstar, (likely being a pompous ass about it). I'll grant that he showed growth in that he looked better at the end of the year than he did at the beginning, but he in no way shape or form has progressed as quickly as it seemed the majority of the people on this board expected him to. It doesn't rule out a development spurt, but manage those expectations. Brodin is a prospect of a completely different level than Scandella. Again, that isn't to say he will ever reach his potential or he won't disappoint at the NHL level as Scandella has. Expectations are, and should be, higher for Brodin. A lot higher.

rynryn is offline   Reply With Quote