Thread: Confirmed with Link: Habs select Dalton Thrower - 51st overall
View Single Post
Old
07-06-2012, 07:40 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoseLa View Post
I'll take the word of the scout Renegade_something, he saw them both play a lot and said they basicly play the same game except Thrower is better at everything.
Oh, I bet Thrower looked that way playing beside Siemens this year. When Dietz and Thrower played together, I thought Dietz looked better at everything. Granted, there has been some development time for both guys since then. But now I find that former 1st round draft pick Duncan Siemens makes Thrower look better than Dietz does playing beside a 5'9" offensive defenseman in undrafted Connor Cox... if you catch my drift. Think about how people viewed Komisarek vs Gorges defensively back in 2006, and think about how much Markov influenced the fact that many here would have considered Komisarek better than Gorges defensively at the time. Similar effect, imo, different players, roles, and team.

You can trust Renegade_(something)'s ability to keep that context in mind when watching the execution of plays either pairing attempts, or their decision-making, but I don't if that's what he said.