Old
07-06-2012, 08:49 PM
Paxon
⚔Z E M G U S⚔

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Paxon
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefifagod View Post
Considering we had 10 guys out at the time, I don't think that's a good argument to make. I find it hard to believe they signed Stuart for the sole purpose of being the 5th of 6th forward recall. Seems logical that it was strictly for Rochester and the absurd amount of injuries forced our hand.
His point is not that there is a "sole purpose" to anything the Sabres do. On the contrary, his point -- which I agree with -- is that there is a "dual purpose" to their Rochester considerations, that the player both have a role with the Amerks and also be a feasible call-up. This is as opposed to signing players with the "sole purpose" of having a role with and contribute to the Amerks while being unfeasible as a call-up. This applies more to guys who are offense-only players who are successful at the AHL level but can not at all provide offense at the NHL level. They obviously wouldn't fit in any role in an NHL call-up. Stuart has a bottom 6 role in the AHL and is a feasible 4th line call-up, and if you want to argue that second point then it's really not all that relevant because he's so far down the list of guys signed for Rochester.

Paxon is offline   Reply With Quote