Thread: Confirmed with Link: Lars Eller re-signed for 2 years, $1.325M per
View Single Post
Old
07-06-2012, 09:39 PM
Et le But

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankc View Post
If they trade Cole at this moment, I think I'll become a Leafs fan...
I don't remember the last guy in Montreal with so much heart and playing through pain like he did. Plus, he really enjoy being here and he's a model for our young players. I don't think MaxPac would have done what he did without Cole besides him.

I don't mind if we trade Gionta or Plekanec, but trading Cole would be really stupid.
So after a down year, Gionta and Plekanec become afterthoughts while Cole is what makes you a fan?

Cole was a great leader last year, but talk about the what have you done for me lately effect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Gomez IMO is the only real bad one. The others when healthy are worth more or less what they got. Boutique it's the amount of years, the cap hit ain't that bad

Bourque's contract really isn't horrible when you consider his track record until last year. It's too long but numbers wise it's a secondary contract for a secondary scorer.

Besides Gomez, the no contract right now is completely awful. Kaberle has a bad one but for a defender who puts up that many points it's not insane, it's no worse than the Cammalleri contract we were able to get partial relief from. Gionta is slighly overpaid, as is Cole, especially when you factor in length, but we are talking major assets that many teams would overpay.

Markov's contract could be bad but considering the length it was a calculated risk and if Markov is 3/4ths the player he was before the injuries it was worth it.

Last edited by Et le But: 07-06-2012 at 09:44 PM.
Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote