View Single Post
Old
07-06-2012, 10:14 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
How is a guy who is competing for a spot on the team and has done fairly well in the minors potentially our #13th or worse prospect. Do you guys seriously believe everyone will come and make the team?
It's not about how close they are to the NHL though, personally I wouldn't look at it that way. I'd look at it more as what do you think each prospect will do in the NHL when they are in their prime, since they are all at various stages in their respective development. Palushaj has seen time in the NHL and could in fact make the team full time (not saying he will, I'm not a big fan of his upside) but how much of an impact will he have in the NHL in his prime vs say Quailer or Bozon or Deitz, etc...

Since he's already played in the NHL and has done well in the AHL, you at least can say he's shown something at the pro level, while the kids that are coming over from the CHL or NCAA it's much harder to guess how they will adjust to the higher level. On the other hand it can also work against a prospect as you see that Palushaj has struggled in the NHL so one could easily discount his future impact in the NHL vs say someone that was just drafted or recently turned pro yet, so they are still all shiny and glossy cause they haven't had a chance to really disappoint at the NHL level yet.